A few months ago I saw mention of an Advanced Placement World History Institute being held in China and I applied, thinking nothing more about it. As it turned out, I was one of 30 teachers chosen to attend the institute to learn more about China, Chinese culture, and my course: AP World History! Very exciting. The Collegeboard is helping me financially and I realized this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to go to China the very same summer the Olympics are being held there for the first time EVER!
I embark tomorrow morning on my 16 hour flight to Shanghai for the institute. I'm excited, nervous, and feel unprepared.
I'm looking forward to meeting many new people but not looking forward to the food! blegh. They've got some interesting cuisine over there, such as: Fried Scorpion, Fried Snake, Silk Worm, Dog brain!, Dog Liver, Sea Urchin, Cicadas, etc.. (I think you get my point! icky.) I pretty much will be eating vegetables and rice. lol.
Also, the weather will be an insane average of 105 degrees F day and night- whew! wish I could just swim the entire time...
Basically, It should be an amazing experience and I really can't wait...
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I hope you received permission to post that copyrighted picture. In America, you would just be fined. In China, you would get jail time and lashings.
Aimee,
Have a wonderful, exciting time on your adventure :) I'll be anxious to hear about it. I love you,
Mom
You go girl
Have a great trip...we'll check your blog
Be safe, have fun
Wow, Aimee! This sounds amazing! I hope you have a fabulous time!
I'm so jealous! Have a blast...take lots of pictures!
Best of luck! Take lots of pictures so we can scrapbook when you get home! (Btw, I started painting today.) Love ya!
Have a great time fav. Try some fried scorpion or the sea urchin. When will you have the opportunity for such fine cusine again? Have a blast.
Post a Comment